Friday, March 14, 2014

NEW WORK, OLD (but great) PLACES


This a view from the left of the Maidstone cabanas.  I've sketched here many times and am always engaged by the view.  It's truly a "Long Island" spot.  (16" x 20")

Fresh Pond is always an interesting place--lots of different views.  But, it's at it's best early in the day.  (11" x 14")

The fish factory is an iconic image and I have painted it any number of times looking for the right composition.  I really like this view--early in the day.  (12" x 12")

It's hard to resist a good wave!  (8" x 10")

I like the working boat scene in Montauk--But it's hard to find the right spot to set up and paint.  This is a view across a stretch of water.  (8" x 10")

Winter beaches are inviting--no people and pristine air!  (9" x 12")

I've driven by this Amagansett farm a million times, almost always early in the morning either to go painting or get a cup of coffee.  The light is really nice then.  (8" x 12")

This is a path at a wonderful place in Hingham MA called World's End--part of the Trustees of Reservation.  I've kept this quite loose as I just like the feel of the colors and light.  (12" x 12")

No comments:

Post a Comment